card.ly megasoft: The "new" Michael Jackson's song appears to be not so new

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The "new" Michael Jackson's song appears to be not so new



Just after the first posthumous single "This Is It" was released, it appears that tune was written 18 years ago an obscure Puerto Rican singer.

Moreover the co-author of that tune, "My Way" songwriter Paul Anka, threatened to sue Jackson's estate for proper credit and his share of royalties.

The administrators of the estate quickly acknowledged Anka's claims and granted him 50 percent of the copyright, a potentially massive payday for the 68-year-old Canadian crooner. And an equally massive loss for the estate.

"They realize it's a mistake, they realize it's my song, they realize it's my production of his vocal in my studio and I am getting 50 percent of the whole project, actually, which is fair," Anka said in a video posted on the TMZ gossip Web site.

Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment